Saturday, Mar 23, 2019

Guyana: Five year old baby electrocuted

Guyana: Five year old baby electrocuted
13 Dec
2018

Police say a five-month old baby was electrocuted after he put a live electrical cord in his mouth.

They said the incident occurred Tuesday in the Housing Scheme Corriverton in Berbice and that the child’s mother, Onessa Jackson ,27, was at home with her three year-old son Mario Cush and husband Errol Cush.

She said she had placed the child on the floor to play with some toys while making up the bed.

The police said that “the floor had an electrical cord which was plugged into the wall and to a TV. Shortly after her three year son then shouted out to saying” mommy look baby have the electrical cord in his mouth”. She (mother) picked him up from the ground and observed that he was unconscious”.

The child was rushed to the Skeldon Public Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

The death of the baby follows another incident where an 11-month old boy drowned in a three-foot deep drain after he sneaked out of his home unknown to his family.

Police said the incident involving Alvin Matthew occurred on Monday at the Sayah Village, Cane Grove East Coast Demerara.

“It is alleged that the deceased crawled outside unnoticed. Parbattie (Mathew, mother) recognised the deceased was missing and began searching for him. The deceased was found face down in a drain, approximately 10 feet wide by 3 feet deep, situated next to the house,” the Guyana Police Force said.

CMC

Most Read